Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle.
Success depends on consistency more than anything. Once you've identified what you want, and WHY you want it; ask yourself "What's the easiest thing that I can do today that will help me move in that direction?" Start with simple, daily habits. Don't start with the most challenging things that you've always struggled with in the past.
The "every day" part is important, because we’re shifting your mindset away from nuanced, difficult tasks to practical, doable ones. When you do good, you feel good. Success breeds success, and that creates habit. And habit makes everything easier. That’s the real goal: making change feel almost too easy.
Making change can be challenging. So don’t make it harder by creating too many goals at once or by focusing on goals that seem like scaling a mountain instead of going for a walk. You’ll get to the mountain, but it’s better to build up momentum.
Let's start with a different checklist:
- No juice cleanses
- No restrictive approaches that will leave you miserable and reaching for every food you miss
- No quick fixes
- No dieting
- No eating less than 1,800 calories a day
- I'm I hungry or is this emotional eating?
What's the easiest that I can do every day that will help me toward my goal? Here are a few suggestions to start:
- I will sleep at least 7-9 hours (preferably without electronics nearby)
- I will eat vegetables at least twice per day
- I will drink at least 8-10 glasses of water a day, throughout the day
- I will go to the gym at least three times a week
- I will pay attention to how I'm thinking and feeling throughout the day. I will listen to my inner voice and the story that I continue to tell myself